How to export the chart
The chart controls come with built-in chart export functionality. You can export the chart as an image file, export the charted data to a file and export the chart settings and series data as a template file(.ten).
To export the chart you will first need to show the Export Chart button on the chart toolbar. This is done by setting the ExportChartButtonVisible property of the chart control to true via the property grid as below:
To launch the Export Chart dialog, click on the Export Chart button in the chart toolbar as below:
Exporting the chart to various images file formats
This saves the current chart as an image, either in one of the supported image file formats: BMP. JPEG, WMF & EMF, GIF, PNG and/or to the clipboard so that it can be pasted into another application.
- Select the Picture tab.
- If necessary, specify the required Format of the image file
- If necessary, use the Options tab to specify whether the Colors are to be left unchanged (Default) or set to Grayscale.
- If necessary, use the Size tab to specify the required Width and Height of the image in pixels and if you want to Keep aspect ratio or not.
- Either click Copy to copy the currently configured image to the clipboard Or click Save… to specify required path and filename of the currently selected Format.
Exporting charted data to a file
This can save the charted data to one of the following file types: Text, XML, an HTML Table or an Excel spreadsheet file.
- Select the Data tab.
- Select the required Series from list box.
- Specify the file Format for this data from the 4 options.
- Specify what other elements to include with the data, such as:
- Point Index: to display a zero based index of the charted values.
- Point Labels: to display the labels of the data points, if currently specified by the charted values.
- Header: This adds a row at the beginning of this file that describes the columns.
- Specify the delimiting character to use within the specified file Format, if necessary.
- Either click Copy to copy the currently configured data to the clipboard Or click Save… to specify required path and filename of the selected file Format.
Tip: The Advanced View of the Style tab when configuring Line and FastLine series allow you to specify the required Value Format and DateTime Format of the exported values.
To configure displaying time information when exporting a chart to Excel follow the Adroit KB article below:
How to display time information when exporting a Linechart to Excel
Export chart settings to a template file(.ten)
This can save the chart settings and series data to a template file (.ten), which can be imported into another charting control so that it can have the same look and feel.
- Select the Native tab.
- If necessary, you can Include Series Data along with the chart configuration settings.
- Check the File Size checkbox to obtain an estimate of the size of this template file.
- Either click Copy to copy the chart configuration settings to the clipboard Or click Save… to specify required path and filename of the template (.ten) file.