Features, discussions, tips, tricks, questions, problems and feedback

Devexpress Tools are not running

Hi,

I have project, I am try to use devexpress tools in my project.
for example tile control using.
But when I adjust the animation and element. it is not animate at operator mode also in run mode.
Also I am facing same problem with navbarcontrol.
you can find the details of my project.

could you help about this problem?

Design Mode:

Run Mode:

NavBarControl

Design Mode:

Run Mode:

output Events:

Best Regards,

Beytullah ÇOLBAN

Debugger is listing that you have 2 versions of the same library. Get rid of one or link to direct assembly in your code (instead of alias), preferably leave older one for compatibility. However, check if other functionality wasn’t affected in such process.

Hi,

when I remove the newer version of devexpress. I tried to use which is coming in MAPS.
I am facing like attached picture situation. TileControl is not show in Graphic Form.

Could you help with using devexpress tools in MAPS?

Best Regards.

Beytullah ÇOLBAN

You should use then https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/language-reference/keywords/extern-alias external alias (direct pointing to specific assembly)

Also to add to Damian’s suggestions: DEVXPRESS controls have a very specific way its serializes its layout in Design time vs. runtime which is not always supported directly in the Designer.

To provide functionality within your project:

1. Create a new User Control in Microsoft Visual Studio (or other IDE)
  2. Reference the DEVXPRESS controls within your User Control
  3. Provide the functionality that you need within your own User Control, also ensuring that you create any necessary public Properties in your User Control which can be manipulated from your project (via behaviors for example). In other words, if you want to drive specific properties, make sure they are defined in your User Control.
  4. Compile the User Control and copy the DLLs (including any references to DEVXPRESS and other DLLs) to a new folder within the plugins folder of MAPS/SmartUI
  5. Add this new User Control within the Designer to use in your project

Hi,

I have created a User control with Visual Studio.
Now it is better then before. But when use the user control in project. it is not shown in operator.
what could be problem?

design mode it is running.

MAPS Operator is not show the user control.

Best Regards.

Beytullah ÇOLBAN

Start Maps Operator as Administrator (right click on shortcut -> run as admin) and then check eventlog for possible errors to debug further.
It is also possible the control requires admin privileges so it might start to work after running as admin depending on how did you deployed it.

it is not running with run as Admin.
I could not find the reason.
I have added our library. maybe my installation and some adjustment of config cause this problem?

ColbanClassLibrary.dll (41 KB)

1. Does the Control work in the Designer in “RUN” Mode?
  2. The Operator must be able to “Run as Admin” - if this does not work, then there is something else wrong. This should be tested without the additional control first.
  3. It is important to refer to the Eventlog as per Damian’s comment - this would include all exceptions and error information (if the Operator is run as “Admin”)
  4. The ColbanClassLibrary.dll will not work without the additional references (Devx libraries). It will not run if these libraries are not also provided and exist in the same folder.