Features, discussions, tips, tricks, questions, problems and feedback

How to design a graphic form to cover multiple monitors (multiple screens)

In many instances a project is required to run on a single and on multiple monitors.

There are two main approaches:

1. Design a seperate set of forms, and change the form size to span multiple monitors i.e. for 2 x FULL HD = (1920 x 2) x (1080) = 3840 x 1080;
    The navigation then need to be designed specifically for this large form size

OR

1. In most cases, the project navigation can be re-used across the multiple forms; So design the navigation using a form that spans multiple monitors (i.e. 3840 x 1080 (= 2 x HD)).
    Design a set of forms using standard resolutions such as HD (i.e. 1920 x 1080)
    Then use Template Graphic Objects (TGO) that load each standard form size into a seperate TGO, each TGO being 1920 x 1080 for example ;

For example, on a dual full HD screen, create one form that is of size 3840x1080. Then drop two Template Graphic Objects (TGO). Set each TGO size to 1920 x 1080, place one at location 0,0 and the other at location 1921,0. Then load the standard navigation (that fits into 1920 x 1080) into each TGO.

Using this option provides you with the ability to design all graphic forms in a “standard resolution” and create only one large navigation form than spans all the monitors/screens with multiple TGOs loading the standard size navigation (and other) forms