When integrating changes into existing online redundant system, there is a specific set of steps recommended to take to make the transfer as smooth as possible and seamless for Operator.
- Turn off Adroit/MAPS related services on standby server. This way if any Operators are currently connected to standby server, they will switch to primary.
- Upload changes to standby server. You can use restore functionality, but in such case, make sure afterwards to check Agent Server cluster settings (cluster name, project name, agent server name) and SmartUI/MAPS Server name as it might reset afterwards. Otherwise manually upload new files to project.
- Start services on standby server. Check with local Operator if all the changes were applied respectively (test new solutions). You might need to check if caching is not locking down Operator from using new version of project.
- If everything is ok on standby, now it is time to turn off Adroit/MAPS related services on primary server. Operators will automatically switch to standby and start displaying new project.
- Upload changes to primary server. Use the same caution as in point 2.
- Start services on primary server. Once again check if everything is alright locally. If there is a need for Operators to switch back to primary again, stop SmartUI/MAPS server on standby briefly to force them to reconnect with initial server.